Welcome to Borderline City, aspiring Hero!
Established in 1914, Borderline City (BC) is a city-state between two countries, a solace for those seeking asylum (in fact, there are twelve maximum security asylums within the city lines). It is the home of the ferocious Captain Masochisto, protected by the Cosplay Avengers, and the originating location of the anchovy and cheese burrito. People from all around the world end up in this culturally diverse atmosphere, as the city has one of the largest alien populations per earthling than any other city. Anything goes here (aside from bad cosplaying), bringing out all of the best and worst of people, and sometimes they’re the same thing.
If you are interested in playing, build your own custom hero or heroine (latter -e in a small plastic bag and placed discreetly in my mailbox) using the Tri-Stat dX rules. The character point limit is 125 (d10). Both sides of the spectrum are welcome, as the city respects its villains as much as its heroes. Check out the The Borderline Article Board if you want to read about the current news, or check out the NPC gallery to see some of the more renowned heroes and villains roaming the streets.
Welcome to the greatest place in between country of Karabou and New Normslund (also the only place between Karabou and New Normslund besides the river, and that’s a close second).
- There is currently one group of player Heroes roaming the streets of Borderline City, fighting the good fight, well… sometimes. While most games revolve around their cooperation to solve problems, crimes, and take down villains, often times the team will break away and do solo events, where the other members may make cameos if the player is observing. Currently there are no villain players, so unless an alternate group starts, there will be no villain team to join for potential villain or villainess.
- The game is based on a time progression. Events can occur at any point, usually at the end (continuing the story line) or at the beginning (prequels, preludes, intro campaigns, etc). Time is relative and not to be taken seriously, however.
- We are running the Tri-Stat dX Rule system. All characters are required to be 125 CP to start. We use d10s with the Modern Day Superhero setting and a SP start value of 40. Visit the New Character Rules page to see the full list of details. A full character with bio is required with final GM approval in order to play.
- If you want to (relatively) quickly be caught up on the Last Season, click the words in blue to the left of the comma. I highly recommend reading this to see what the group gets up to. It lacks the intricate flavor of the game itself, but will at least let you know whether reading the ridiculously long adventure logs is worth your time.
- For those of you looking to join, the game is in fact online only played over Google chat (text only). We play every other Thursday night at 6:00 PM Pacific, 9:00 PM Eastern, and the game runs until 9:00/12:00. There are occasional Monday night sessions at the same time when key members cannot be in attendance (usually the GM has overtime at work), or when a new character requires an intro campaign, or a player needs a solo game to flesh out idea, roleplay or continue a story line that does not involve the group.